Kauai Helicopter Rides
Approximately 80% of Kauai is uninhabited, remote and wild. A helicopter trip over Kauai reveals the incredible history, geology and beauty of the “Garden Island.”
Book a Kauai Helicopter Tour
Safari wins “Best of Kauai” for the 3rd year in a row – Garden Island 10th Annual Readers Poll.
“As far as i am concerned – this is the only helicopter tour company I would use…As a captain for a major airline I am quite particular about who I trust with my family on board.” – Danene05, New Albany, Ohio Read full review on TripAdvisor
60 Minute Tour | Waialeale Crater | Waimea Canyon | Na Pali Coast
Our most popular tour. From the cascading waterfalls and lush tropical interiors of Kauai to the Na Pali coast and the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” this flight lets you experience the incredible diversity of Kauai. learn more
Regular: $229.00 per person | Web: $167.00 + $22 surcharge = $189.00 (save $62.00)
90 Minute Tour | Botanical Preserve Landing | Waialeale Crater | Waimea Canyon | Na Pali
Land at a Secluded Botanical Preserve! All of the same incredible sights of our Deluxe Waterfall Safari PLUS a 30 minute stopover at the Kauai Botanical Refuge overlooking Olokele Canyon. learn more
Regular: $279.00 per person | Web: $251.75 + $22 surcharge = $273.75 (save $27.25)
Flights Rules and Recommendation
- SAFETY. Our primary concern is safety of the flight. We are required by FAA Regulations to perform a weight and balance calculation. All passengers will be weighed including all carry-on items upon checking in at our office prior to their flight. In addition, a safety briefing will be provided prior to the flight.
- COMFORT. Our secondary concern is comfort for all passengers. Anyone over the weight of 250 lbs. may be charged an additional fee. Any person over the weight of 275 lbs. will be charged an additional fee. All hats and oversized bags (including photo bags) are not allowed on the flight. If you have any questions, please contact our office by telephone or email.
- CHILDREN. Children under 24 months and less than 25 lbs. are considered a “lap Child” (no charge), however, we do not recommend or encourage “lap children” on the flight.
- CHECK-IN. Check-in time is 45 minutes prior to the departure time. We have storage lockers in Lihue for all unnecessary bags or items located at our office. In Hilo, please leave these items in your vehicle. In our office enjoy our complimentary fresh Kona blend coffee.
- FLIGHT. Personalized narration including two-way communication with the pilot in order to ask questions during the flight, choreographed music recorded on our live video, Bose X noise cancellation headsets, Mega Windows from floor to ceiling, exclusive Sky Light windows for vertical viewing of Mt. Waialeale Crater, air-conditioning for climatic control, custom leather seats and left-hand pilot seat affording more passenger viewing while flying clockwise around the island of Kauai.
- VIDEO OF ACTUAL TOUR. A digitized DVD of actual tour is available that will include the narration, your voice when asking questions and choreographed music. Please be aware that the video has certain limitations and it is recommended to be played on a TV that is not HD! The DVD is available for $30.00.
- PHOTOGRAPHY. Keep in mind, this is a sightseeing tour. If one is an avid or professional photographer and expects the highest quality of photographs, we recommend chartering the helicopter for your exclusive usage. Otherwise, we highly recommend wearing dark clothing in order to reduce any potential glare or reflection on the Mega Windows. The Mega Windows were developed for exceptional viewing not for photography. We consider flying with doors off as safety concern due to potential articles escaping the cabin and possibly causing unnecessary damage to the rotor and tail rotor systems while in flight. NTSB has documented multiple cases of this happening. These cases are available for your purview upon request.
- LANGUAGES. Tours may be available in German and Japanese. Please contact our office for additional information.
- SCUBA DIVING. No scuba diving 24 hours prior to the flight!